5 Email Marketing Tips to Convert more prospects
I know what you are thinking. Isn't email marketing kinda old school? Not at all my friend, in fact email marketing is still one of the most effective and cost-effective forms of marketing out there. A study conducted by The Direct Marketing Association found that email marketing yields an average 4,300% return on investment for businesses in the United States.
Hubspot reported that Companies using email to nurture leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads and at 33% lower cost. And nurtured leads, on average, produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities compared to non-nurtured leads. The folks at Constant Contact stated that Small business owners estimate that getting an extra hour in their day back from doing their own email marketing (and other activities) is worth $273/hour. 70% of people say they always open emails from their favorite companies. (ExactTarget).
So as you can see, despite what you read in the shiny business magazines, email marketing as a viable marketing channel is still very much alive and well. However, most people fail to acquire new customers via email marketing because they miss a few steps. Steps that the pros know all too well and in this post I will share with you the 5 most important ones.
5 Email Marketing Tips for sales success
1. Give a little get a little: Numerous studies have shown incentives to be a great way to increase open rates. So go ahead let your potential customers know that they will get a little something for free by doing business with you. A free Starbucks gift card, Free shipping, a free trial etc. Mention this incentive in your subject line.
2. Less is more: Studies have shown that most people are more likely to open an email with a simple text-based structure than one with fancy Videos and images.
3. Write killer subject Lines: An ideal subject line should have less than 50 characters . It should convey a sense of urgency, and it needs to give the ready a very clear idea of what they will get for opening it.
4. Your Landing pages should be consistent with your email: Your ladning pages should be consistent with your email in terms of the headline, copy,content and even text type. Even the look and feel of your landing pages should match the email message sent to your prospective customer.
5. Always "Survey" before you send. This is simpler than it sounds. Simply send a copy of the email to a couple friends or professional contacts. Just ask if they can quickly tell what the offer is and What it is that you want them to do to claim this offer? That’s it.
In today’s world of Facebook, Snapchat and all the other shiny digital marketing tools out there, a good old fashioned email still does the trick If you stick to a few basic principles.In the words of the late great Notorious B.I.G :Follow these rules you'll have mad bread to break up If not, twenty-four years, on the wake up.